Jan 12, 2011

An empty canvas





Well, we are now into the third week of 2011!
I cannot believe how quickly the last year went.  I looked into the archives of my blog and found this in my New Years post from last year:

2010 is sure to have its good times as well as its bad; but, I can rest assured for MY God is in control, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

{ But the land, whither ye go to possess it,
is a land of hills and valleys, and
drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it,
from the beginning of the year
even unto the end of the year. }
(Deut. 11:11-12)

Little did I know when I wrote that post how true of a statement it was going to be...

In 2010, my family and I did go through a land of both hills and valleys.  A year with changes; for the better.  God knew what was best.  He knew it in the year 2010 and I can rest assured that He does in the year that lies before me.

So much of my life is undetermined right now; my life is a canvas awaiting the Master's paint strokes. 
What will 2011 bring? 

There used to be a time that I wanted to plan my life out; to be in control.  I did not cope well with the unexpected and I wanted things done my way.  

I am glad to say that God has changed me.  No longer do I HAVE to know what tomorrow brings.  I have no way  of knowing what 2011 will bring, despite all the planning and checklists I may do.  But, I do know that I serve an omniscient Creator who takes care for my future and it is because of that that I can be still and know that 2011 will be great!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post :) It's so true, or lives are a blank canvas right now, just waiting for God to paint our future on them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...